View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 19 Jun 2019 13:40
You are visiting from

Forum rules

NOTICE: Access to use the complete VCRAI forum requires registration to the site.To view Vintage & Classic Rifles / Pistols / Tips / Classic Militaria and any other new subject matter added at some later stage, you must be a fully signed up member. Posts and Comments can be transferred or deleted! All welcome.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Duncannon - 5Th & 6Th June 2010 - video & stills 

Post Duncannon 5Th &6Th June 2010 video & stills
Duncannon, a great success by the display put on by the VCRAI. Lots of interest from the general public to the firearms on displayed. Mick.D, Joe. H who put in many hours explaining the different firearms to the public, and going through the history of the classic rifles. Thanks to Philip who had a couple of semi-autos with his knowledge on this aspect of classic firearms, is second to none.Thanks to the lads who made the effort in coming down and displaying their firearms, and a special thanks to John.K who came along Sunday with a fantastic assortment of classic firearms, without his help the display wouldn't have been the great success it was. Finely thanks to all the lads who gave up there weekend, there since Friday, getting things sorted and set up. Joe.H, Mick. D, Mick.G, Eamonn. D, Mick. O'C, Philip {i don't know what his second name is} sorry Philip, and Sunday John. K, Eamonn.T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeffYe4emPE
Hawkeye. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

06 Jun 2010 23:09

Post Re: Duncannon 5Th &6Th June 2010 video & stills
Excellent video and photos as usual Eamon. D and thank you very much for all your help over the weekend. I also want to thank the rest of the lads who turned up to lend a hand - I want to extend a special thanks to John.K for supplying us with a number of vintage/classic firearms that made Yesterday an especially busy day for us. A special thanks also goes to phil for coming along with his 2 semi-autos as he came all the way from Cork. Shooter/mick.

07 Jun 2010 13:19
Site Admin

Great weekend, Germans, British, French and more, Medieval, Romans and Bow shooting. Good food, drink and in general great fun and nice people.

I definitely will attend again, great interest in our (VCRAI) stand, lots of people asking question and showing interest our sport.

Thank you to the VCRAI members that helped on the stand and to the organizers of the show.

Well done Hawkeye great video as usual, great to be able to let people see what the reenactor's and VCRAI are all about.

Sikamick

07 Jun 2010 15:39
Site Admin

Post Reenactors world-wide
reenactor.Net -- the world-wide, on-line home of historical reenacting!

http://www.reenactor.net/
http://www.reenactorfest.com/
http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/Li ... ieties.htm

Sikamick

07 Jun 2010 16:06
Site Admin

It was a great weekend indeed especially for all miliaria enthusiasts, foreign visitors participating in / attending the Duncannon event.
The VCRAI did its bit for the sport by displaying some of our licensed historical working firearms to the general public. Over the entire weekend hundreds of visitors has the chance to see real firing historical firearms put on display by members of the VCRAI. On show we had one reproduction muzzle loading flintlock all the way through to the 196o's in the form of a stright-pull SLR. Reaction by the public and re-enactors / airsoft members alike was very encouraging, something all target sports associations should consider doing. The organisers with the help of the local Gardai run this well organised event each year and certainly was worth the early rise with three hour dirve to Waterford. The VCRAI display room was manned from 9.30am- 6.00pm each day, thanks to Mick, Joe and Gun Happy ( big hit with the local girls / girl ;) ) Eamonn. D ( great video / slide show) M. O'C for the printed fact-sheet hand-outs, and to all member of the association who made the trip. As ever it was the knowledge of historical firearms shown by the younger generation.. lack of.... by their elders, that made the long days standing all the more eventful. As expected, ex-servicemen enjoyed meeting an old freind in the form of an Enfield or FN / SLR, several having served in the Irish or in certain cases both British & Irish army. Such veterns need no introduction to the many rifles on show. All veterans to the stand found it all very interesting particularly when told, many of their old service rifles can indeed be sourced and licensed here. In one instance we had a veteran keen to trade his modern stalking rifle for a scoped L.E .303. One negative note was an amount of disappointment reported by one VCRAI member when asked "how many F.B rifle ranges are in the country do we have, where are they located and disdance to"........... cost of membership to join a club.

07 Jun 2010 18:47

Sikamick wrote:
Great weekend, Germans, British, French and more, Medieval, Romans and Bow shooting. Good food, drink and in general great fun and nice people.

I definitely will attend again, great interest in our (VCRAI) stand, lots of people asking question and showing interest our sport.

Thank you to the VCRAI members that helped on the stand and to the organizers of the show.

Well done Hawkeye great video as usual, great to be able to let people see what the reenactors and VCRAI are all about.

Sikamick

Yes it was a great and successful display for the VCRAI in Duncannon,after heavy and prolonged rain Saturday night Sunday dawned bright and sunny,by mid-day it was hot and the crowds started to pack the square,at our own display at times you couldn't get in the door people were queueing out side to gain entrance not only members of the general public but also many of the reenactors who have an historical interest in the firearms of early and mid 20th century.I think after this weekend its safe to say that the VCRAI will see many more members in the coming year,so lets keep up the good work and im sure that the VCRAI will go from strength to strength for years to come.
Hawkeye ;) ;)

07 Jun 2010 20:35

Post Re: Reenactors world-wide
Just in case any one is interested.
My self, Mr Sambrook and a few others are going to the War and Peace show at the Hop Farm near Paddock Wood in Kent, Friday 23/7/10. Open invitation if any one wants to come along.
It takes six hours just to go round the stalls!

07 Jun 2010 20:39

Starting to feel human again so I logged on.....:P:P:P

If id known that there was gonna be a video i would have done my hair !! The vid tuned out great bar my hungover head i have to say. Ill post it up on my facebook to show that i so work at times :)

Great show this year, not that Ive been to any others but the bar has been set high and if this is what happens ill definatly be back with lessons learned to other shows that the VCRAI attends and things will get very interesting indeed !! The public showed great interest in the what VCRAI has to offer and I hope we have converted a few of the flock to the cause.

A big thanks to the welcome I got (although some feelings of joy on my arrival were disrupted only by feelings of a bad hangover day by some, I wont mention names :lol: ) I enjoyed every minute of the show and it was great to hear the history of other rifles on display that I wouldnt normally look into.... what was that russian sniperchicks nickname again mick :P ? It was great to see and alot has to be said for the members here with such a vast knowledge in there respective area taking time out of their busy shedule to promote and educate members of the public in what will in the long run benefit the club and the sport of shooting.

Emails will have to be exchanged as to when the next piss up... i mean show is on :):):)

Gunhappy

08 Jun 2010 02:18
Site Admin

This was a great event,
I never thought I would see the day when the American, German & British troops would be walking down the street together with Firearms slung over their shoulders.
Well done to the members of the VCRAI for an excellent PR role.
The event was well organized and ran and the weather on Sunday made for a great day out.

John

08 Jun 2010 08:14

The Russian sniper chicks name was Ludmila Pavlachenka - Phil - And we wont mention the hangover days - but bugger me - I felt rough on Saturday and we wont mention how bad you looked on Sunday. Ah screw it - We will - you were in a jocker. But we got through it. And as for the crowds coming in to the room to us - I now have a sore throat from all the talking on the rifles - I will contact the organisers of the Game Fair that we did in Birr Castle last year and try get us set up to display there. Will check dates and let everyone know. Thanks again. shooter/mick

08 Jun 2010 08:15

John...... firearms ??? the only firearms that I saw were at our stall :D :D .... the rest were paperweights (de-acts) and a joke gone wrong for recycling plastic ( AIRSOFT....GGGGggggggrrrrrr :evil: )

If only we lived in a better society ... if have been bringin that SVD 40 home with me :(:(:(:(

shooter wrote:
The Russian sniper chicks name was Ludmila Pavlachenka - Phil - And we wont mention the hangover days - but bugger me - I felt rough on Saturday and we wont mention how bad you looked on Sunday. Ah screw it - We will - you were in a jocker. But we got through it. And as for the crowds coming in to the room to us - I now have a sore throat from all the talking on the rifles - I will contact the organisers of the Game Fair that we did in Birr Castle last year and try get us set up to display there. Will check dates and let everyone know. Thanks again. shooter/mick

Hmmmmmm try sayin her name 10 times fast while holding your tongue :P

In my defence about being in a heap..... my job there PRing for the club didnt finish when we locked away the firearms.. I just used the opportunity to bring out the big guns.... ( i couldnt resist :P ) but i may be taking a trip back this weekend for a follow up call :):):):)

Id be well up for Birr..... ;)

08 Jun 2010 10:01

Yeah I know all about your follow up call. I am heading up to bandit country this weekend - Armagh. Going to richhill Castle.

08 Jun 2010 10:29

shooter wrote:
Yeah I know all about your follow up call. I am heading up to bandit country this weekend - Armagh. Going to richhill Castle.

well.. thats the joys of bein a semi auto guy...... quick repeatable follow up shots :):):):)

and please airsoft and de acts are bad enough lol... keep the ghost huntin out of it :P enjoy the weekend though !

08 Jun 2010 11:57

Gun Happy. Please do not knock deactivated gun ownership.
Future generations will never get to see Brenguns, MG42,Thompson Guns etc if the D/A collectors do not put a few away for prostarity.I would never get a FAC in the UK for the above.
Your event was very successful.
Education is the key to progress with all firearms matters. Firearms are part of our history and heritage. There would be no motor car industry unless they had mass produced firearms first.
It's not all about the shooting!
I have converted quite a few "pacifists" and "non believers" to our cause by showing them D/A guns and bayonets. Then pointing out the engineering developments over the years.
Get a child interested in collecting badges and buttons. 20 years later they might be in the shooting team.
Kind regards, Lester

08 Jun 2010 17:05

Lester.... I came across the wrong way there. I do not mind deactivated firearms as they are a fantastic learning tool in the right circumstances or in a country that prohibits a particular type of firearm they can be a great ornimental piece. I myself would love a Bowning HMG along with a few of the Rarer HKsto hang in my workshop.

However Ireland is not such a country that prohibits any of the firearms that I saw at the show. While some are harder to aquire a FAC for than others none are impossible and as the prices that some of us saw convayed most live fire are cheaper than there de ac counterparts I fail to see the point of so many between a sear or a cam.people playing soldier with what is effictively a paperweight as there not going to learn the difference

This is just my opinion but thankfully the VCRAI was there to educate the public on these matters. If even a small percentage of these people spent the time with an actual firearm in a club then we couldnt be in the situation that we are in today with banned pistols and no re-loading. We would also see a greater variety of firearms that would be far more educational and interesting than what was on offer at the show.

08 Jun 2010 23:50
Site Admin

Post Re: Duncannon - 5Th & 6Th June 2010 - video & stills
Attachment:
MINEN.jpg
MINEN.jpg [ 475.94 KiB | Viewed 15483 times ]

Attachment:
Duncannon Display.jpg
Duncannon Display.jpg [ 532.62 KiB | Viewed 15483 times ]

Attachment:
Bren Gun.jpeg
Bren Gun.jpeg [ 523.12 KiB | Viewed 15483 times ]

Attachment:
Bren & Vickers.jpeg
Bren & Vickers.jpeg [ 543.46 KiB | Viewed 15483 times ]

Attachment:
Join the Navy.jpeg
Join the Navy.jpeg [ 530.17 KiB | Viewed 15483 times ]

Attachment:
Press Corps.jpeg
Press Corps.jpeg [ 516.67 KiB | Viewed 15483 times ]

Attachment:
Time Out.jpg
Time Out.jpg [ 332.29 KiB | Viewed 15483 times ]

09 Jun 2010 09:53
Site Admin

Post Re: Duncannon - 5Th & 6Th June 2010 - video & stills
A great event, when are they having their next one.

Sikamick

09 Jun 2010 23:02
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]